Sunday, June 07, 2009

Is anyone still here?

If you're reading this, thank you! It's been one of those things... the longer I left it, the more important the topic of the new post needed to be, and it kinda escalated!

But, I have some time, so here are a few of the things that have happened recently!

In the past 6 or so weeks, I have attended the 10th, 11th and 12th weddings that I have attended since July 2005. A largely arbitrary starting point, but that was when I graduated and seems as good a start point as any!

#10: Fish & Helen



A wonderful afternoon. A beautiful wedding, very eco-friendly (just like the couple). There was a bring-&-share element to the (vegan) buffet. A great folk dance for the reception. Great fun!
Fish sang as part of his speech (really!).
And everyone was given a little ox-eye daisy in a pot to take home. Ours are growing happily in my garden and have flowered.

#11: The following weekend was Martin & Sarah's wedding blessing. (They were married in Sarah's church in the US last November, but because of visa issues, the blessing for UK friends & family was in May). Sadly, I don't have any pictures of the couple.

#12: And finally, Duncan (my cousin) and Sarah's wedding.

Again, a lovely day with lots of family and lots of catching up. A beautiful service and a fun afternoon (including a hog roast! - a first over the whole 12!)

I think that will do for now. I will try to post soon about yesterday, but now I have elsewhere to be. God bless!

1 comment:

treehuggers said...

Yep, still here...Yey! Glad you enjoyed our wedding, we certainly did! And happy about the daisies too - we're still waiting to recieve one ourselves actually, I hear the spares are still with my family!
Love, Helen :D