Monday, March 27, 2006

Quick getaway...

My brother, Tim, & a friend are doing a 'Jailbreak' event this Friday/Saturday in aid of Oxfam...
"This Friday, a housemate and I are taking part in a charity 'Jailbreak' event at the university. We are one of many teams that starts at our Union on Friday at midday, and has to get as far away as possible in 24 hours - without spending any money on transport - so by blagging journeys from taxi firms, bus companies, train stations and... airports.
Now here's the new exciting part - I need sponsorship. The charity is Oxfam. Sponsorship can be done simply as a straight pledge, or as a "per mile" incentive. Although I will warn you people have reached Tokyo, Hawaii & San Francisco before, and while we don't hold out much hope of that, nothing's impossible - so you may want to put a cap on that sort of pledge!
If you're interested in sponsoring however much or however little, I need a response ASAP, with your address & postcode and pledge/incentive. If you pay taxes you can choose to include Gift Aid so that Oxfam can claim back the tax you've paid on your donations (28p for every £1)."

So, if you would like to sponsor him, drop me an email and I'll pass on your details to him.

(PS. Prayers/thoughts for their safety would be appreciated too).

No comments: