Sunday, February 25, 2007

I do like to be beside the Seaside!

Well, I'm back in Scarborough now. After 5 weeks in Hull, apart from half term, I've finished that placement. I PASSED IT! Woo! I got a 'satisfactory', which is just fine by me. (The scale is 'Very Good', 'Good', 'Satisfactory', 'Fail'). My tutor said I should be able to get it up to a 'Good' on my next placement.

I'm gonna miss the kids there, I think. Some of those kids have it sooo tough. I'm guessing that most of the people who are reading this took it for granted when they were at school that they would go wearing an approximately clean uniform, that they'd get some tea/dinner when they got home, etc. Some of the kids I was working with don't have that luxury. I was in the nursery, meaning the kids weren't in uniform. Some of them had maybe 2-3 outfits and regularly came in with several days work of grime/food/muck down the front. They were nearly all wonderful kids though and a joy to deal with, generally.


Half term was fun, although it did involve 3 return trips to York, as I went for both weekends and also for Valentine's, as we didn't have lectures Wednesday/Thursday. (We did Mon/Tue/Fri!). Michael went down with 'flu on the Wednesday though, so that wasn't great. I've managed to avoid getting it myself though, which is good.

This week coming, I have Monday as a 'Study Day', which is nice. Other than that, I'm back in lectures for the next 4 weeks, until Easter.


Right, ought to get on with stuff...
God bless!

No comments: